Basseterre, St. Kitts, August 31, 2017 (SKNIS) â€” The formal meeting of the Cabinet took place on August 21 and 28, 2017. The meeting was chaired by Prime Minister, Dr. the Honourable Timothy Harris.
Here are the salient matters that were discussed at that meeting:
1. Cabinet considered the assistance given to citizens by Social Services and reiterated that the vulnerable in the society will be helped with back to school materials.
2. Cabinet considered the recommendations of the National Honours Awards Committee and the eight persons favourably considered will be named shortly.
3. Cabinet was given an update on the performance of students in the recent sitting of the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations (CAPE) and the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) exams, which were shared publicly with the people of the Federation by Education Minister, the Honourable Shawn Richards.
4. Cabinet also considered and approved requests from persons wishing to go overseas to pursue tertiary education to the tune of over one million dollars in terms of bursaries, scholarships and grant assistance.
5. Cabinet considered a number of submissions for projects to be initiated within the Federation.